[isapros] Re: ISA, Exchange 2007 and Perimeter Networks

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:18:17 -0800

That¹s exactly what I¹m talking about.  And precisely the configuration I
deploy:

My FE is in the authenticated segment of the DMZ ­ and a member of my
internal domain; however, the ³recommended protocols² the Exchange group
recommends are not necessary- and thus, Steve¹s contention that ³CIFS and
all that other stuff... Might as well just be internal² I reject.  I only
allow Kerberos-Sec, LDAP, LDAP GC, Ping and DNS only from my FE to the
internal DC¹s.  And only HTTP to the BE¹s.

Even if the other prots WERE required, it would still be far smarter to
deploy the FE in the authenticated DMZ with limited access than to just give
full stack access to the ENTIRE internal network.   This is a deployment of
a services made available (initially) to a global, anonymous, untrusted
network.

Maybe I¹m not properly articulating my point, but I have to say I¹m really
surprised that we are having this conversation...

On 1/10/07 7:10 PM, "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all: