[isapros] Re: ISA, Exchange 2007 and Perimeter Networks

  • From: "Gerald G. Young" <g.young@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 09:40:50 -0500

The DMZ in Korea itself isn't crawling with military.  Either side of it
is, ensuring that the definition of a demilitarized zone is observed and
maintained.  Before the advent of DMZs in networking, a DMZ meant an
area from which military forces, operations, and installations were
prohibited.  Essentially, it's a wide empty area that constitutes a
border with forces on either side pointing guns into it.

I've always thought the adaptation of the acronym to the world of
networking a bit strange.  "Oh!  We got activity in our networked DMZ!
Kill it!" J

Cordially yours,

Jerry G. Young II

Product Engineer - Senior

Platform Engineering, Enterprise Hosting

NTT America, an NTT Communications Company

22451 Shaw Rd.

Sterling, VA 20166

Office: 571-434-1319

Fax: 703-333-6749