[isapros] Re: Hyper-V is so damn kewl...

  • From: Greg Mulholland <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 02:56:48 -0300

That's true but in our case Hyper-v offers no real benefit for us over vmware
aside from hardware virtualisation which at the moment isn't a big deal for us.
Vmware Server is free and our licensing isn't an issue either. All our
production servers would run on ESX and from what ive seen of hyperv I wouldn't
run it in critical production without the system centre add ons, even then it
still only first gen.

As for esx market space.. I would say it would be a fair amount of time before
they have a foot in that market. It just doesn't compare to ESX at the moment
and im not sure if they wanted it to, but if they have any plans to they will
need to pull their finger out and its not like Vmware will stand by and watch
it happen either.