[isapros] Re: FW: Problem viewing external Sharepoint site

  • From: "Gerald G. Young" <g.young@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isapros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 14:29:17 -0400

Are we talking about Windows SharePoint Services?  Or are we talking
SharePoint Portal Server 2003?  If the latter, that integrates with AD
in a similar fashion to how SQL server accounts integrate with AD.  I
haven't done a lot with it but I have created users.  During that
creation phase, I'd create a "SharePoint User" and tie that account to
an "AD User" so that all a user had to do to log on was use their AD
credentials.

Not sure about WSS but perhaps it's better in WSS 2.0 (included in R2 or
available as a download - 3.0 Beta 2 is out)?

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
Applications Engineer, Platform Engineering
Enterprise Hosting
NTT America, an NTT Communications Company

22451 Shaw Rd.
Sterling, VA 20166

Office: 571-434-1319
Fax: 703-333-6749