[isalist] Re: wpad.dat DNS entry

  • From: "Roy Tsao" <caohuiming@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 22:17:03 +0800

Not yet, and let me check it...

Thanks,

Roy Tsao
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thomas W Shinder
  To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 10:17 PM
  Subject: [isalist] Re: wpad.dat DNS entry

  Didn't ANYONE read the link I sent???

  Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
  Site: www.isaserver.org
  Book: http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
  MVP -- ISA Firewalls

    From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Roy Tsao
    Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 2:20 AM
    To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    I want to make sure about mixed configuration amount RR feature, ISA EE
array and also NLB when enable client-side carp
    through WPAD.
      Case 1): ISA EE Array without NLB
               per Jim's saying, RR shall be disabled since it conflicts with
client-side carp.
      Case 2): ISA EE Array with NLB
               a) RR eabled
                  - DNS holds A record to both of array's VIP and DIP
                    This is not a good configuration I suppose oer case 1)
               b) RR disabled
                  - DNS holds A record to both of array's VIP and DIP
                    I am not sure how client-side carp handle it.
                  - DNS holds A record to array's VIP only
                    I am not sure either!

    With regards,

    Roy Tsao