Re: what is SucureNAT ?

  • From: balasaheb ware <balaware@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 01:05:51 -0800 (PST)

Dear Joseph
Thanks for reply.I want to know whether if for a specific Server be it
windows2000 server ,in order for this server to be NATed ,do I need to install
SecureNAT to do the NATing of this server?
Also How can you compare the rule in Checkpoint wherein there is a facility in
source node ,destination node as well as protocol to define in one shoy.And I
think this  facility is not available in ISA.
Pls advice.
Regards

BALA

 "Joseph G. Mojica" <jmojica@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}w\:*
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}.shape
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui)
}http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi. Client set and destination set are very much different from each
other?.though both are being used in creating different rules applicable to
different set of clients. Hence, it helps an administrator to easily control
access to his ISA box.

CLIENT SET ? Are basically IP Addresses of client computers in your local
network (can be a single IP or a group of IP depending on how you want to group
them) that will let you apply different access rules (i.e. granting or denying
internet access).

DESTINATION SET ? From the word itself, ?destination?: can be a list of
websites or external IP address/es or even path that lets you apply rules (i.e.
blocking access to particular websites).

SecureNAT ? is an extensible NAT architecture implemented by ISA to provide
secure connection for clients that doesn?t have or doesn?t use the firewall
software, like MAC or Unix/Linux clients and other non-Microsoft OS where you
can?t install the firewall client software.

Hope I defined it clear enough?.

JM