Re: w32tm

  • From: "Greg Foulks" <greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:12:41 -0400

Sure it's a Dell PowerEdge 2400
Runs DC, AD, IMail, SQL Server, IAS, Intranet Website, Support
Website, Email Virus Scanning.

1 gig of Ram
667 CPU
2 8 gig drives
5 Internal IP's bound to a single NIC (It has two other NICs
installed but are disabled until needed)

That's the short story.

Greg

From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 23:14:29 -0700

>http://www.ISAserver.org
>

>"W32Time: Server: Binding to 5 NICs."
>
>You have 5 NICs installed in your AD?
>
>This is not an ideal scenario, to say the least.  Your routing
table must be
>really interesting.  Can you provide some details of this machine
and the
>network?

(192.5.41.41)
>> W32Time:       END:Line 1147
>> W32Time:       BEGIN:GetDefaultRid
>> W32Time:       END  Line 2329
>> W32Time:       BEGIN:ComputeDelay
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- init
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1660
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:ComputeInterval
>> W32Time:             END  Line 2449
>> W32Time:             Sending to server  48 bytes...
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
>> W32Time:             END  Line 1384
>> W32Time:             NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
>> W32Time:             END  Line 1384
>> W32Time:             NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
>> W32Time:             END  Line 1384
>> W32Time:             NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
>> W32Time:             END  Line 1384
>> W32Time:             NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
>> W32Time:             END  Line 1384
>> W32Time:             NTP(S): waiting for datagram...
>> W32Time:             NTP: didn't receive datagram
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1923
>> W32Time:          Time source failed to produce usable
timestamp.
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- fail
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1660
>> W32Time:          Time Out occured in sockets
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:ComputeInterval
>> W32Time:             END  Line 2449
>> W32Time:             Sending to server  48 bytes...
>> W32Time:             NTP: didn't receive datagram
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1923
>> W32Time:          Time source failed to produce usable
timestamp.
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- fail
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1660
>> W32Time:          Time Out occured in sockets
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- try
>> W32Time:             BEGIN:ComputeInterval
>> W32Time:             END  Line 2449
>> W32Time:             Sending to server  48 bytes...
>> W32Time:             NTP: didn't receive datagram
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1921
>> W32Time:          Time source failed to produce usable
timestamp.
>> W32Time:          BEGIN:NTPTry -- fail
>> W32Time:          END  Line 1660
>> W32Time:       END  Line 1473
>> W32Time:    END  Line 366
>> W32Time:    BEGIN:ComputePostTimeData
>> W32Time:       BEGIN:ComputeInterval
>> W32Time:       END  Line 2449
>> W32Time:       BEGIN:ComputeSleepStuff
>> W32Time:          Computed stagger is 0ms, bias is 0ms
>> W32Time:          Time until next sync - 2699.960s
>> W32Time:       END:Line 793
>> W32Time:    END:Line 219
>> W32Time: END:Line 194
>> W32Time: BEGIN:TermTime
>> W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
>> W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
>> W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
>> W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
>> W32Time:    NTP(S): received shutdown notification.
>> W32Time:    TimeMMCleanup()
>> W32Time:    BEGIN:FinishCleanup
>> W32Time:       BEGIN:TsUpTheThread
>> W32Time:       END  Line 1384
>> W32Time:       Inform NetLogon That you are not a TS Provider
>> W32Time:       BEGIN:UnInitializeDC
>> W32Time:          Ptrs 0 - 0
>> W32Time:       END:Line 725
>> W32Time:       Time service stopped.
>> W32Time:    END:Line 383
>>
>> Greg Foulks, MCP
>> NewFound Technologies, Inc.
>> http://www.nfti.com
>> Email: greg.foulks@xxxxxxxx
>> Voice: 614.318.5036

260948B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

260948B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

260948B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

260948B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent via the NewFound Technologies, Inc. - WebMail system at
mail.nfti.com