RE: skype port

You were just itching to use that page, weren't you?

I know that phrase is one of your favorites, which is why I used it...

________________________________

From: Thomas W Shinder [mailto:tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 9:49 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: skype port

http://www.ISAserver.org

Dan said open a port

www.tacteam.net/openport.htm

Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Blog: http://spaces.msn.com/members/drisa/
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

________________________________

        From: Ball, Dan [mailto:DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:46 PM
        To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]

        http://www.ISAserver.org

        Skype is an annoying little program, in that it usually finds
its own way through your firewall, making it difficult to block.  That
being said, you shouldn't need to "open a port" to get it running, it'll
do http tunneling to get through using your existing rules.

        Using that information, take a look at your rules for http and
https to figure out what might be wrong.