RE: skype port

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:48:49 -0500

Dan said open a port
Thomas W Shinder, M.D.
Site: <>
Book: <>
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

        From: Ball, Dan [mailto:DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx]
        Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 8:46 PM
        To: [ Discussion List]
        Subject: [isalist] RE: skype port

        Skype is an annoying little program, in that it usually finds
its own way through your firewall, making it difficult to block.  That
being said, you shouldn't need to "open a port" to get it running, it'll
do http tunneling to get through using your existing rules.

        Using that information, take a look at your rules for http and
https to figure out what might be wrong.