RE: redirector for HTTPS from firewall to proxy

  • From: "rajeev" <rajeev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 00:36:57 -0700

Hi Tom,
Thanks for all the help.
My intent certainly is not to bypass any authentication checks. Its just
that the my client is a large company and they will take some time to get
the direct access changes to be approved by their security hierarchy. Till
then, for the testing phase of the application, i will ask them to work by
configuring the app as a firewall client.
On another note, i think the "security" of the network is mainly the
domain of the firewall. i guess the basic purpose of the username
authentication required in a proxy is for logging (whose accessing what)
and not really blocking unauthorized use of the outbound HTTP. Would like
to hear your comments on this.
regards
rajeev