Re: on smtp filtering...

  • From: "shane mullins" <tsmullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 21:19:38 -0500

    what type of mail server do you use?  we currently use sendmail and it
does a very effective job of blocking spammers.  most emails servers have a
"hook" (for lack of a better term) that you can use to compare against open
relays.  sendmail also lets us block from domains and users.  most email
servers have this feature, or very similar, built in.  i have not needed to
use our isa server for this purpose.

shane