RE: how to use ISP POP3 email in conjunction with my own exchange server

  • From: "Kian W. Davis" <kian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 17:22:32 -0700

Actually the answer to your question is no, the only way mail from
another pop3 server would go to your exchanges server, is if your
exchange server requested the mail and could authenticate to the other
pop3 server, the users can download the mail directly to the client on
there machines, they need to have the pop3 port and smtp port available
to them, and the mail client needs to be configured for pop3 and it will
work over a LAN connection.

Kian Davis
MCP, MCSE, MCSA