help with publishing FTP server behind ISA?

  • From: "Pat Dalberg" <pdalberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 12:41:22 -0500

Hello All,

I am trying to publish an FTP Server (MS FTP in IIS 5) behind an ISA server.
My problem is that I am not able to reach the FTP server via the external
address. I am however, able to reach the FTP server (with WS_FTP LE and MS
W2K command line FTP) via our LAN, so I know FTP is working. One question I
have is this: is there any issue with a web and this FTP server having the
same IP address? I reasoned that there would be no problem as they are using
different ports. If this is not the case please let me know. Any general
advice on getting FTP going would be appreciated as well.

Regards and TIA,

Pat Dalberg