defining a port range

  • From: "John C. Shepard" <jshepard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ISA Server List Bot (E-mail)" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 17:49:59 -0700

Is there any way to open a range of ports with one definition?
I need to publish a server and allow connections from the outside on a
range of 1000 contiguous ports. I have tried creating a protocol
definition with the first port as primary and the rest 999 as secondary
but it does not work. Creating 5 individual protocol defs and 5
individual SPRs works but only allows 4 simultaneous connections. This
server is running a complex application. The external clients always
initiate the connection on one fixed port. The server application sends
back to the client a random reply port within a predefined range of 999
ports (it's kind like RPC). To make matters worse we are currently
hosting 3 of these servers for 3 different customers and more are on the
way...
There is just got to be a way to do this without having to create 1000s
of protocol defs and 1000s of SPRs!!!!