configuring ISA for Exchange 2000

  • From: "Rich Myslinski" <rmyslinski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 09:51:42 -0700

I am in the process of upgrading my network to Win2k native mode with
exchange 2000.  I want my exchange server in the private network and have
configured a protocol rule named "Mail wizard rule - SMTP Server" with the
wizard.  When I do netstat -an on the ISA server, I see no "listening"on
port 25.  Currently, I have my private network exchange server
communicating with a front end exchange server(no mailboxes).  There is no
firewall between the servers, as I used the front end server while I built
the exchange server in the private network.  I subsequently moved the
mailboxes from the front end server back to the internal exchange server.
Now I want to decommission the front end server and just run my private
exchange server from behind the ISA server.  I expect the the mail wizard
rule using SMTP Server protocol should open ISA so that other mail servers
can send email messages destined for my domain.  I cannot determine what
else I need to do to get my internal exchange server to accept inbound
smtp from other mail servers.  Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Rich M