RE: automating firewall client installation

  • From: "William Robertson" <william.robertson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 11:23:34 +0200

Hi Badri

If you don't use a Login Script, I do not believe that you have any
other alternatives, apart from using a software deployment tool such as
SMS or Unicenter TNG.

I use my login script to run the following command:

msiexec.exe /i \\<server>\mspclnt\ms_fwc.msi /q"

The reason that I don't just run the FW Client setup directly is because
it gets a bit confused sometimes and I like to remain in control of
exactly what is bing installed.

William R.