[isalist] adding a second internal network

  • From: "Paul Laudenslager" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 14:33:19 -0500

Hi Everyone,

This ought to be simple for you gurus... It seems the more I learn, the more
I realize how much I don't know. :)

Current configuration

        ISA2K6
        (1) NIC for External Network
        (1) Internal Network    IP: 172.16.88.x - 172.16.91.x  Mask:
255.255.252.0

I created all the rules and everything is working great for the Internal
Network at this point. (web, smtp, dns, etc)

I was then tasked to add another, yet separate network.  IP: 192.168.0.x
Mask: 255.255.255.0

Added another NIC, assigned it the 192.168.0.1 address.  I can ping the
network fine from ISA.

I went into ISA and added another network called "IntraNet".  I created the
access rules for this new network the same way I created them for the
Internal Network above.

However, I can't get the traffic coming from the IntraNet clients to get out
of their own network.

For example, I'm trying to do a NSLOOKUP from an IntraNet server and
receive...

        Client IP: 192.168.0.5
        Destination IP: 12.127.16.67
        Destination Port: 53
        Protocol: DNS
        Action: Denied Connection
        Result Code: 0xc0040012 FWX_E_NETWORK_RULES_DENIED
        Source Network: IntraNet
        Destination Network: External

My first impression is that it's a routing issue and that I would need to
create add a 'route' command to this machine.

However, since it is currently a production server, I thought I'd ask before
I made any modifications.

Thanks in advance for your time and comments.

-Paul L.