Re: Yet another DMZ question

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 06:55:59 -0800

You've made the single most common mistake with DMZ setup; the DMZ NIC has
to be a literal subnet, not just a selected range of IPs.
Change the DMZ NIC mask to .192 or something even logically smaller, make
sure the selected IPs fit in that range and carry those settings to the
hosts in the DMZ.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG