Would AV plugin stop VPN infections?

  • From: "William Robertson" <robertson.william@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 07:39:25 +0200

Hi there

If I were to install some AntiVirus plugin for ISA Server, would that allow
me to prevent infections (such as Blaster etc) from entering my company via
the VPN route?

I don't know if I am misunderstanding anything here, but I cannot figure out
if the VPN client traffic will be subjected to the AV software and thus any
proposed infectious traffic can be stopped.

Personally I don't think this is possible, but if it is so then I will
probably have to do away with my whole VPN functionality as I cannot always
guarantee that the workstation my roaming users are using are in fact safe.
:-(

Cheers

William R.

  _____

William Robertson

AST Mpumalanga

Systems House / Consultant: Software

Tel: 013-2472703 / 083 638 0354

   Fax: 013-2462236

Everything in this e-mail and attachments relating to the official
business of Columbus Stainless is proprietary to the company. It is
confidential, legally privileged and protected by law. Columbus
Stainless does not own and endorse any other content. Views and
opinions are those of the sender unless clearly stated as being that
of Columbus Stainless. The person addressed in the e-mail is the sole
authorised recipient.  Please notify the sender immediately if it has
unintentionally reached you and do not read, disclose or use the
content in any way. Whilst all reasonable steps are taken to ensure
the accuracy and integrity of information and data transmitted
electronically and to preserve the confidentiality thereof, no
liability or responsibility whatsoever is accepted if information or
data is,for whatever reason, corrupted or does not reach its intended
destination.