Re: Win 32 Application Error

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 07:06:14 -0700

Hi Asif,

Problem #1:
    That error is being reported by msiexec (the windows installer app), not
the FW client.
    What is different between the working and non-working machines?
    The FW client installer is coming from the same place, so it can't be that.

Problem #2:
    1. don't use the ISA as a workstation; it breaks you carefully-crafted
security model.
    2. to allow web browsing, enter "localhost:8080" in the IE proxy settings
on the ISA
    3. to allow non-proxy apps, create packet filters

Problem #3:
    NAT is built into ISA; if you mean "use secureNAT", then take a read in:
    http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/tutoials/isa-clients-part1.htm
    http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/tutoials/isa-clients-part2.htm
    http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/tutoials/isa-clients-part3.htm

Jim Harrison