Why "SecureNAT"?

  • From: jay vaughan <jay@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 11:43:21 -0700

You know what I hate about Microsoft some times? They'll take something from the public domain, some global concept, and slap a brand on it.

"SecureNAT"? What's that? That's not actually a *product*, is it? It's simply a description for a networked interface that's been given a private, non-routable IP address on one side of a firewall protected by ISA.

Did I get that right?  "SecureNAT" = firewalled box.  Sheesh ...

--

j.

--
 jv - Jay Vaughan - seclorum@xxxxxxx - jay@xxxxxxxxxx

 ~... threads rolling, keep the threads rolling ...~