RE: What's wrong with this page?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:05:31 -0500

Hi Tim,

Excellent!

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder
Get the book!
http://tinyurl.com/3xqb7
MVP -- ISA Firewalls

-----Original Message-----
From: Thor [mailto:thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 11:03 AM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: What's wrong with this page?

http://www.ISAserver.org

I tend to take a hard line with my clients... I just tell them that
there is
a right way and a wrong way to do things, and that if they want to do it
the
wrong way, then I tell them to get someone else to do it.   I used to
try
the "I can't be responsible for what happens" line, but if they are my
client, I am responsible.  It is easier to walk than to have to deal
with
other people's screw ups.

Also, even when they cry poor mouth loudly, taking them for a ride and
showing them that I can access all their accounting data (indeed, *all*
other data, too) from my truck while parked behind a coffee shop tends
open up their eyes a bit.  Normally, they say- "The guy who set this up
was
really good, and he said it was all perfectly secure."  And I say, "Not
withstanding the expertise of the technician or the presumed security
posture of your network, I *am* sitting in a shell on your server as
admin.
See that?  That's your payroll data."

That always helps :)