RE: What's wrong with this page?

  • From: "Paul Nuernberger" <pen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 10:47:01 -0500

Yup, yup, ....  And yup again.

John and Amy have described most of the SMB clients I have ever worked with,
especially the son/nephew/cousin installing bogus/hacked software (I have
even had clients who have had "customers" working on their systems).

Heck, right now I have an SMB client that has a Win2k server (with a failing
hard drive) behind a generic linux firewall/web/email server, and they are
finding it hard to justify the purchase of a new server.  Oddly enough their
largest stated need is secure remote access (desperate for it actually).

When it comes to small businesses, dollars drive the deal. Period.

Paul