What Side Is My Browser On?

  • From: "Wayne Berry" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:43:53 -0800

ISAList:

Ok, I know this is a really dumb question; however I am little confused
again.  When I open a browser on my ISA Server (2 NICs - Edge Firewall) what
side of the network is the browser on? Internal or External?  I do not have
a proxy configured in my browser settings.  I assume the answer would matter
how I set-up my networks, so is the local browser considered 127.0.0.1?

I am getting this really weird scenario where if I go to www.microsoft.com
<http://www.microsoft.com/>  I can see the web site (from the browser on the
ISA Server), however if I go to www.wired.com <http://www.wired.com/>  I get
this:

Error Code: 403 Forbidden. The ISA Server denied the specified Uniform
Resource Locator (URL). (12202)

I have one access rule, i.e. All Access, Allow, All Users, Anytime, All
Networks (Local Host), External, All Protocols, just sort of wide open.

-Wayne

The ISAPI Dev Lurking on the ISA Admin List