RE: Web Proxy Service stop responding

David Liles said...

Would what you described with proxy cache posibly cause the following?

We have SBS2000 which we are running ISA and Exchange on.... Everything appears
to be working as planned, we are able to send and received email and all of our
intranet users can access the Internet. However, every few days for no known
reason we suddenly have no internet access and when we try to access a web site
we get the following error:

11001 - Host not found
Internet Security and Acceleration Server
Background:
This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP address of the Web
site you are trying to access.

        This error only means that ISA could not resolve the IP address.  It is
no indication of the cause on ISA.

        Before rebooting your server, you should check what is wrong on it.
Check services.  Most probably, the proxy service is down for some reason.

        Over time, I noticed that, once in a while (one a week maybe), the
proxy service could fail without reason.  This is the reason why I configured
Windows/ISA to restart the service after it fails and it does the trick.

        However, if it is failing 3 or 4 times per day, there is a real issue
here.  In my case, deleting the cache did the trick.

        I suggest you try since it has no bearing on your configuration.

        Fred