Re: Web Proxy Problems

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 06:02:25 -0800

How is the ISA configured?
http://isatools.org/isainfo.zip will beak it down for us.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://www.microsoft.com/isaserver
 http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison
 http://isatools.org

 Read the help, books and articles!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Elliott Davidow" <Elliott.Davidow@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 01:35
Subject: [isalist] Web Proxy Problems

http://www.ISAserver.org

SBS 2000 - The ISA is multihomed, setup is integrated.

Clients have problems connecting to external web sites. For example, if
the client tries to go to CNN,  they get a "the Page cannot be
displayed" - cannot find server or DNS error. However, if they access
the refresh button on the browser (IE6.), they connect.

If we attempt to go to ISASERVER.ORG for example and check out say, Jim
Harrison's article on the 14120 error, if we use any of the embedded
links, i.e., firewall clients, we get a "404 Error Message: Page Not
Found."

Another quirk, the FireWall client loses the ISA connection and
generally has to be manually (refreshed) updated to connect. At other
times an authentication box may pop up randomly.

Any suggestions?

Elliott

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any
copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other
than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal. Unless
otherwise stated, opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
author and are not endorsed by the author's employer.