[isalist] Re: Virtualising ISA

  • From: "Jerry Young" <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 13:24:32 -0400

Well...

I suppose it comes down to the scenario and requirements of the company.

A case might be able to be made using Server 2008 Core with Hyper-V (which
should be very well hardened) for a highly available web solution
encapusated in a Server 2008 Core Failver Cluster.

As a hosting provider, I can see the potential for a service offering that
includes a full "pod" of virtual servers.  As a hosting customer, having
direct control over firewall policies may have appeal.

I think the same argument could be made for ESX Server, too, since it is a
hypervisor and so has a very small attack surface (if any?).

I'm taking a stab in the dark answering your question (and may be reaching)
but this is what I thought of. ;)