VPN Tunnel & ISDN Backup

  • From: "Friese, Casey" <cfriese@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 09:42:56 -0500

Greetings,

I'm looking for some guidence in the area of ISA/RRAS/VPN/ISDN.

Our scenario is as follows:

Corporate Office:
ISA Server
Accepts VPN Connections
RRAS VPN interface set to Persistent
Cisco 2600 w/ ISDN wic
Internet connection is T1

Satallite Office:
ISA Server
Accepts VPN Connections
RRAS VPN interface set to Persistent
External MultiTech 1way Hopper ISDN Modem (connects via COM1)
Internet connection is non-PPoE DSL

Currently the two offices have a working ISA-to-ISA VPN tunnel establish
with eachother and can communicate.

In the event that the DSL connection at the satallite office goes down
or to sleep, we need to have the ISDN modem there dial our ISDN wic at
the Corporate office to establish the link.

I haven't done much researching yet
Is anyone doing a similar thing?
Is there a way with RRAS to set a demand dial rule (for lack of a better
rule) to fire the ISDN connection in the event that the Tunnel is down?

Thanks for your help,
Casey