VPN Tunnel Connectivity

  • From: roakley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:00:12 -0600

We currently VPN into our network through a SonicWall Pro
330 and able to connect to our internal network and
produce an active IPSec tunnel. We are currently in the
process of converting our servers instead of using the
Sonicwall as its gateway, but instead going out through a
newly installed ISA server that sits on our DMZ as its
external port and a second NIC internal with a fixed NAT
IP address. This is where the problem arises, the servers
that are still currently using the Sonicwall as its
gateway are able to be seen through the VPN tunnel
(pinged). But those that have been converted to use the
ISA server as its gateway, even though its IP address is
one of the Internal NAT IP addresses given out by the
Sonicwall DHCP, they are unable to be seen through the VPN
tunnel.