VPN Server Client address space.

  • From: "William Holmes" <wtholmes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 13:16:24 -0400

Hello,

I am currently using a Windows 2000 RRAS server for my PPTP VPNs.  I am
planning on replacing this with an ISA 2004 Sever. Currently we assign "Real"
IP addresses to the clients rather than private addresses. Both the internal
and external interfaces of the current server live on "Real Routable"
interfaces.

My question is can I configure the VPN networks on ISA to use a private
address space (192.168.x.x) while retaining the current network configs for
the internal and external interfaces? It appears that I can but I just wanted
to be sure.

Part2:

We use RADIUS for our vpn authentication. When using Radius is it possible to
assign a specific address to a user when they authenticate? I would like a
given user to always receive the same IP address when they connect. I know
that the information can be assigned from my RADIUS server, I am just not
sure if RRAS will honor the assignment.

Thanks

Bill

William Holmes (MCP)