RE: VNC Help

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 09:52:37 -0400

This suggestion might cause some ripples but here ya go. I am assuming that
your question for access to remote home computers is coming from a Systems
Admin, "you" the same person who manages your ISA server, because of the
unique role of Network and System Admins we are in a
position to apply policies that do not necessarily apply to us, us meaning
any Admin out there responsible for things like Firewalls, Internet
Connectivity,
Routers and etc. One suggestion is to NOT deal with your ISA server at all
and install a second NIC on your system, connect it to your address space
that exists between your External Router and your ISA server, hopefully this
is not a 2 node network, assign yourself a Public IP address and Bam,
your in, do what you want, go where you want, just disable your inside
interface when connected to your public network.  Just a suggestion, if you
are
making this change only for you, otherwise if your requirements are to pass
VNC through for your organization, then disregard above.