Re: Using applications on server

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 13:55:02 -0600

Hi Jim,

I can't say enough about how much I hate file sharing programs :-() Our
son came over to stay for a few days and decided that he wanted to use
Kaaza and Morpheus. Our Firewall and packet filter logs for our SOHO
usually run about 4-5 MBs/day.

I opened things up a bit so that he could use Kaaza and Morpheus, and
our firewall and packet filter logs for each of those days were over 40
MB!!! That was just one user. Can you imagine if you had a network of
users using that cr*p? It boggles the mind.

Thanks for listening :-)

Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder