Using Symantec Web Security behind or with ISA

  • From: "Scheele, Brian" <bscheele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 14:52:39 -0400

Does anyone use Symantec Web Security behind the ISA server or installed
directly on the ISA server?  I am trying to set up SWS on a separate box
behind ISA, but when users try to connect through SWS, they get errors
stating the web server cannot be found / DNS error.  Any ideas?

SWS does not plug into ISA, but I am wondering if it should be installed
on the same server with ISA and have users route to the SWS port 8002,
which in turn would route to 8080 on ISA, then to the Internet.  If
anyone has a clue what to do, please let me know.

Thanks,

Brian Scheele
Systems Administrator
Clark Filter