Using ISA for multiple location WAN and DFS*******

  • From: Smpclient@xxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 22:13:00 EDT

Hey all,

I have a situation with our two offices where the internet connection is
unreliable. Since remote thin clients often get disconnected from the Citrix
servers, the powers that be decided we should have Domain Controllers at both
locations. So here's my query...

What is the best practice for deploying ISA Server and Active Directory so
that if the two sites are disconnected, normal network functionality will
continue. To ensure access to current data, we've decided to deploy DFS Links
and replicate every other night. I've never used ISA Server at multiple
locations to create a WAN, only routers...

Thanks,
Andrew

Andrew Myers
VPN Incorporated