User Authentication prompts

  • From: "Johann Putter" <JohannP@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 10:23:47 +0200

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi

We are using ISA with FP1 installed on our network. I am trying to
troubleshoot a problem that a few users on out network experiences -
while working in Word or Excel an Internet Explorer authentication box
pops up asking for authentication for the proxy server.

All users have valid credentials to go to the internet and once they put
their credentials in it goes away for awhile, but reappears later, to
the user's frustration.

One possible cause could be that when they get mail with this box
reappears but it is not true for all users.

Any ideas?

Johann Putter
IS Manager
AFRICON Engineering International (Pty) Ltd
1040 Burnett Street
Hatfield
South Africa
Tel: +27 12 427-2258