RE: Trust relationship

  • From: David Dellanno <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:16:11 -0400

Hi Teresa,
        You have the option to add a stronger security using the
trust-relationship, I had a discussion with a Microsoft Consultant about
this was not necessary since you are provided with the security and
centralized database of Active Directory.  The trust-relationship setup is
the same as for NT4.0 there isn't any changes.  Once you have established
the trust, you need to move the Global Group from the User Account Domain to
the Local Group of the Resource Domain (ISA Member Server).  Verify that you
can resolve the NetBIOS name of both domains.

Old-proxy notes
·       In multiple Windows NT domain environments, there are cases in which
internet users can access Proxy Server,  In this environment you may
consider setting up the Proxy server as a primary domain controller (PDC)
with its own domain with a single one-way trust relationship to another
domain on your private network.  In this relationship, the domain used for
Proxy Server is the trusting domain and another internal domain is specified
as the trusted domain.-----Original Message-----