RE: Tracert shows different IP Resolve

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 18:18:57 -0500

Hi William,

If the only DNS server you have configured on the firewall is the
internal DNS server, then it will query that server for the name
resolution. Whatever answer it gives the Web Proxy service is the IP
address it'll use. If that server authoritative for the domain in
quesiton? If not, then it will send the query to the forwarder for
resolution.

HTH,
Tom

Thomas W Shinder