RE: Three homed DMZ

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 09:57:32 -0500

Hi Aleksander,

This kind of setup isn't a DMZ, because it doesn't create a security
zone outside of the internal network. Traffic from the "DMZ" you have
here can freely move between the internal network and the "DMZ".

You have to use public addresses for a trihomed DMZ config.

HTH,
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder

Thomas W Shinder, M.D., MCSE, MCT