Re: This is on my ISA Server

  • From: Thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:42:22 -0700

This is on my ISA ServerI found this... Does it help?

PSS ID Number: Q261007

Article last modified on 03-14-2001

:2000

---

- Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional

- Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server

- Microsoft Windows 2000 Server

---

SYMPTOMS

========

The following event may be logged in the Application event log:

Event ID: 1000

Event Source: Userenv

Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1722).

The client computer may also experience an extremely slow logon.

CAUSE

=====

This behavior can occur if the address for the configured preferred DNS
server

on the client is invalid or unreachable.

RESOLUTION

==========

To resolve this behavior, correct the DNS address in the Internet Protocol
(IP)

properties:

1. Right-click My Network Places, and then click Properties.

2. Right-click Local Area Connection, and then click Properties.

3. Click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.

4. Type the correct DNS address in the "Preferred DNS server" box.

Additional query words:

Technology : kbwin2000AdvServSearch kbwin2000Ssearch kbwin2000ProSearch
kbWinAdvServSearch

Version : :2000

Issue type : kbprb

=