Telnet thru ISA Server

  • From: rcr1@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 04:11:12 -0600

Hi,

I am running Win 2000 SBS using ISA Server.  I cannot telnet to a linux
server on the outside of my network on port 23, but I can telnet to it on
port 110 from either the server running ISA or from any pc on the internal
network.

I have tested telnet on port 23 to the server from a pc outside of my
network and it works fine.

I have an outbound telnet packet filter to allow all local ports to remote
TCP port 23, and an inbound telnet packet filter to block inbound attempts
at local port 23 from any remote port. I also have a telnet protocol rule
set to allow the telnet protocol only.

Any ideas?

Thanks... Rob