RE: Tandberg Video Conferencing thru ISA help

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 10:19:34 -0400

This sounds like a similar situation I ran into before.  We had a trial
period with a PolyCom unit over a year ago (we were running ISA2000 back
then).  It is a portable device that you were supposed to be able to
plug into any network and it would just magically work with
teleconferencing.  Looking at the Tandberg website, the unit looks
different, but basically the same type of concept.

Well, I plugged it in, and of course it didn't work.  So, I spent many
hours creating the right ports definitions, trying to get the gatekeeper
working, etc... No matter what I did, it would not connect through the
ISA server.  Sound familiar?

Finally, it dawned on me that in order for the unit to work, it had to
accept inbound requests.   So, I published the unit as a "server", using
the ports in the setup menus as a reference on what ports to redirect to
that unit.  Then, it finally started working!

It's not a great solution, but it's much-much better than losing your
ISA server.