[isalist] Re: TMG Updates?

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 01:09:21 +0000

I never suggested that it would fix anything.
I’m suggesting that perhaps you’ve uncovered another SChannel-related bug that
may be in TMG, SChannel, etc.
It’s impossible to determine without detailed tracing and only CSS can help
there.

Changing HTTPSi shouldn’t have any effect on your rule sets.
Are you sure there isn’t something else monitoring and adjusting your rules
(WebSense-like-thingy)?
If you’re script, you can use TMG COM to control HTTPSi.

Date:          1/17/2012 11:23:18 AM
Event ID:      36888
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 1203.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event";>
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Schannel" Guid="{1F678132-5938-4686-9FDC-C8FF68F15C85}" />
    <EventID>36888</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <EventRecordID>49679</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="580" ThreadID="1380" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>TMG.MAPSNET.ORG</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="AlertDesc">10</Data>
    <Data Name="ErrorState">1203</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

No defined time, most likely related to traffic.  Before I disabled HTTPS
inspection, they would be every few minutes and eventually the server would
stop processing traffic.