[isalist] Re: TMG Release

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 16:55:39 -0300

The web site is right… That’s what Software Assurance is for.

Another thing to remember is that many companies (like yours) simply cannot
keep all deployments of a given product “current.”  I’m sure you guys have both
ISA 2004 and 2006 deployed somewhere (probably because you had an AWESOME boss
at some point who showed you how to use it, I’m guessing).  Even if you don’t I
know of others that do, and they can’t or won’t change because of reasons x, y,
and z.

Software Assurance allows you the flexibility to apply software solutions to
your environment.  In some cases, it even allows you move from a “standard”
versions to a “pro” edition of the same version, depending on your licensing.
 SA is a cash cow, and in many cases “money for nothing” afa the customer is
concerned.  Paying customers normally win those kinds of arguments,
PARTICULARLY when it is something so logically obvious, and publically
confirmed.

They wouldn’t know you had 2004 installed anyway.  Time to call this one
“beaten to death.”