[isalist] Re: TMG Firewall blocking my Verizon Emails in Outlook 2007. Any help?

  • From: Jerry Young <jerrygyoungii@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 11:58:45 -0400

This is most likely a DNS issue.

Try opening a command prompt on your client and use the following command:

nslookup <verizon mail server>

Where <verizon mail server> is the FQDN of the box.

Also check to make sure you're not inadvertently blocking DNS (TCP/UDP 53)
traffic out through your firewall.

--
Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II