Strange "Denied" entries in the log

  • From: "Jason Merrique" <j.merrique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:51:15 +0100

Hi All,

I hope you can help me out with this.

Server running Win2k3, ISA 2004 Beta.

Problem is that the log is full of "Denied" entries for a whole range of
connections between the Server IP and the Internet. What's bizarre is
that none of the entries are being blocked according to a rule  -
they're being blocked for no apparent reason.

The connections are to common IP's like our ISP DNS, and our external
website. These are all connections to IP's that should be valid, as
there are rules that cater for them. What is even stranger still is that
this only seems to happen with a subset of connections. Enough get
through (via published rules) to allow the proxy and firewall to work
fairly well - although sometimes timeouts do occur.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jason