[isalist] Strange Behaviour in ISA2006

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:30:08 -0500

I've noticed an interesting behavior of my ISA2006 box, and was wondering if
anyone would have an idea of what might be causing it...

Periodically, browsing to websites (from our Intranet) becomes sluggish and we
experience a lot of time-outs, sometimes it clears itself, but sometimes it
gets worse.  Tracing this back, it appears to be a DNS-related issue, the names
cannot be resolved correctly.  I've restarted the internal DNS servers when
this happens, with little, if any improvement in performance.  So I log into
the ISA server via Remote Desktop to see what is happening, the login takes
significantly longer than usual, then right about the time I get logged in,
everything works perfect again, so I cannot trace it.

I thought it was a coincidence the first few times, but it has happened a
couple of dozen times now and it is a definite pattern.  Once I log into the
ISA server via Remote Desktop, it starts working again.  Any ideas?