Re: Spyware Issue(s)

  • From: Troy Radtke <TRadtke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:39:01 -0500

I think it was more of a joke (the last part) than an insult....

ISA is not designed to protect people from doing stupid things, like
installing software.  That itself is a function of your network OS.  ISA is
there to broker a connection between to systems with a set of rules that
define what kind of traffic there can be.  If you really don't want your
users to be able to get spyware and browser hijacks, then that's a function
of group policies or user privileges.  Personally, when I want to surf the
web at home, I log in as a user that can't do ANYTHING in the system other
than run IE.  In fact, I just got a copy of Virtual PC 2004 so now I don't
even have to worry about that by using a built system state and just not
ever saving the changes.  Emulated machines rule! =?)

(btw, that would be creepy if Tom was in fact Evil Dr. Tom..... Considering
how most of us on here read his book and use them as a guideline.... Makes
me want to go back to school and become and Evil Dr. *sniff*)

Troy