RE: Split DNS?

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 01:33:53 -0600

Hi Andrew,

Therin lies your problem. The name on the "To" tab must match the common
name on the cert bound to the Web site. For a number of reasons, I
prefer the split DNS so that you can use the same name from end to end.
You don't have to, but I consider it a best practive and you'll end up
kicking yourself in the future if you don't. Also, the common name on
the cert bound to the Web listener must be the same name on the "Public
Name" tab.

HTH,