[isalist] Re: Simple question

  • From: Joe Pochedley <joepochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:48:37 -0400

With a setup the way you're talking (the Dlink between the modem and ISA), your
wireless clients will bypass ISA.  Is this what you want?

Since you're putting in ISA, I'm guessing you don't want any clients bypassing
ISA (or else, why even bother, right?)...   Hence, I'd recommend bringing the
dlink inside the ISA and strictly use it as a wireless access point instead of
a router.  If you wanted to get really fancy, you could segregate the wireless
users off a third leg of ISA (with a third NIC in the ISA box) and maintain
better security with them...  But I digress... :)

ISAServer.org has a tutorial for setting up ISA with a cable modem and dynamic
addresses.

http://www.isaserver.org/tutorials/How_to_Set_up_an_ISA_Server_with_a_Cable_Modem_Connection.html

HTH

Joe P