Re: Service Pack 2 Install Failure vkc

  • From: "Jason Ballard" <jasonb54@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:01:14 -0400

SteveC,

There was a problem with the Message Screener that was fixed with ISA SP1.  You
may want to try installing SP1 first if it is not installed, and then try SP2,
although you should be able to install SP2 onto ISA 2000 with no other service
packs installed.

I haven't ran across this error myself, but the fltrsnk1.dll you mention below
is used by the Message Screener.  To see if you have the Message Screener
installed and it is using the Inetinfo process, you can perform the following:
  1.. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
  2.. Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
  3.. Click Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server, and then click
Change.
  4.. Click Custom Installation, and then click Add-in services.

  If the Message Screener check box is selected, it is installed.
An then from a command prompt:

tlist -m fltrsnk1.dll

The output lists the active processes. If the Inetinfo process is listed, the
message screener is running in the Inetinfo process.  This was taken from
KB816621<http://support.microsoft.com/?id=816621>.  You might also want to
check out
KB292013<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fservicedesks%2Fbin%2Fkbsearch.asp%3FArticle%3D292013>.

Jason